1. What are your hopes for the service-learning project?
For this service-learning project at the Lydia Home, I have several hopes. First, I hope to have a positive impact on at least one person's life that I will come in contact with at the Lydia Home. I also hope to make the time I have there truly matter. Thirdly, I'd like to gain better communication skills with people that may not have much in common with me. Along with this, I'd also like to be a more open communicator and not be so shy around people I don't know.
2. What are your assumptions about your service-learning site?
At the Lydia Home, I assume that it will be a positive environment where under-privileged children can come to just have a good time and get help with schoolwork. I assume that the people there love working with kids and really want to make a difference in these kids' lives.
3. What do you already know or assume about the work they do?
I know that they do an after-school program for under-privileged children. I assume that they have different activities planned to do with the kids, at times. I also assume that they help the kids with any schoolwork they may have.
4. What do you know or assume about the population they serve?
I know that at the Lydia Home they serve under-privileged children. Based on this, I know they have had a much different experience in life than I have. I assume that they may not always get enough to eat during the day. I assume that they may not have clothes or shoes that fit them properly either. However, based on other kids I have been around, I also assume that they will be glad to have someone's attention.
5. What connections/interests/passions do you have for this site or the population it serves?
For starters, I think any organization that helps to build up a strong generation of kids is a worth-while investment of your time and energy. After all, the kids are the leaders of tomorrow. Secondly, I really enjoy working with kids and I hope to work with disabled children after graduation.
No comments:
Post a Comment